Upgrade to ENERGY STAR® appliances
Use of ENERGY STAR certified products can save you up to 30% of your home energy costs.
What to look for:
Look for the ENERGY STAR logo on the product package, sales tag or the item itself. Hundreds of ENERGY STAR certified products
are on the market
- Appliances. Clothes washers, dishwashers, refrigerators, etc.
- Heating & cooling. Room air conditioners, central AC, furnaces, heat pumps, etc.
- Home envelope. Insulation, roofing, windows, doors, etc.
- Electronics. Televisions, phones, DVD players, etc.
- Office equipment. Computers, monitors, printers, etc.
- Lighting. Compact fluorescent light bulbs, fixtures, etc.
- ENERGY STAR certified appliances often use less water.
- ENERGY STAR certified appliances often have other features that make everyday tasks more convenient, such as useful settings and sensors.