Schedule a home energy assessment
Most homes have many opportunities to save energy and money, but it may be hard to decide where to start. You could save up to 30% on your energy bill by making upgrades identified in your home energy audit. We can help you start saving right away when you sign up for a home energy assessment.
How it works:
- Ask your local energy or weatherization office to refer you to a home energy expert near you, or visit bpi.org to find a certified expert in your area.
- When you schedule an assessment, a certified energy expert will visit your home to search for opportunities to save energy.
- The energy expert will complete a visual inspection of your living space, attic, basement, and crawlspaces and perform a number of tests using special diagnostic equipment. The blower door test, for example, measures how much air is leaking out of your home.
- They will also perform required health and safety tests to ensure that the major combustion appliances (furnace, boiler, hot water tank, stove) are operating properly.
- Finally, the energy expert will recommend additional steps you can take to increase your home's efficiency and answer any questions you have.