Choose efficient light fixtures
Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) offer an easy and affordable way to save energy and money, but these lights may not operate as efficiently as possible with light fixtures you already have. Installing specialized, efficient light fixtures will ensure that you receive the best performance possible from LEDs.
What to look for:
- The ENERGY STAR® label. Certified LED fixtures offer guaranteed efficiency and savings.
- Find a lighting fixture with a minimum two-year warranty.
- Look for compatibility with dimmer switches if you would like to use dimming.
- There are many styles of light fixtures; make sure to find one that meets the needs of your rooms.
- ENERGY STAR certified fixtures last 15 times longer than traditional models
- ENERGY STAR certified fixtures distribute light more effectively